I have been going on and on at Mr about wanting one of those wheely cabin bags having watched Zoella’s travel bag video a few weeks ago and so when I finally found one that didn’t cost more than the holiday itself it snapped it […]
Packing for a holiday *should* be easy. In fact for Mr it is. He’s bunged all of his stuff into his tiny (compared to my giant sized suitcase) holdall and he’s already ready to go! For me it’s a little more complicated. There has to be […]
Exactly one month today I will be heading to Mexico with Mr, his brother and his wife for a blissful two week holiday and I am soooo excited.
I am going to be doing a series of count down posts in the lead up to our holiday including things like our holiday shopping hauls, what’s in my travel bag, tips for Long – Haul flights and more and so I hope you will find them helpful if you are planning a similar holiday yourself this year.
First though, I wanted to share some of the things we are planning to get up to on our break away.
1. Swim with the Dolphins. Before now, I’ve never really had much interest in this ever popular tourist attraction, but something has inspired me to give it a go. I am hoping to book to go on this Silver Primax Delphinas trip and spend a day in the water with these beautiful creatures of the sea.
2. Ever since we booked to go on holiday Mr has been excited at the prospect of going Fishing in the Mexican sea with his brother. Luckily for him, the Akumal fishing village is only 4km away from our hotel and the sea fishing trip promises exciting catches including MahiMahi & Sail Fish. While there, there’s also the chance to swim with Sea turtles! I think that might be where they find me.
3. Shopping! If there is one thing I love about going on holiday, it’s shopping for souvenirs and little quirky bits at the market. I find the markets always uncover aspects of culture you mightn’t experience elsewhere. I can’t wait to spend the day haggling and discovering beautiful Mexican gifts.
4. We’re holidaying with Mr’s brother & his wife who have been to the resort before, and they have promised to take us to their holiday highlight – Co Co Bongos! It’s a night club with quality entertainment and delicious sounding cocktails, sounds good to me.
5. T & I are determined to take full advantage of the spa facilities in our hotel. I’m sooo ready for a facial and relaxing massage!
6. Work out. I have been working really hard to tone up and get a bit fitter and I am determined not to let our Holiday get in the way of that. I am going to try and swim lengths each morning before breakfast and maybe jog along the sea front every other day. I also love joining in with the pool aerobic sessions that are normally held on holiday so fingers crossed too!
Have you ever been to Mexico? I would love to know what you got up to and whether you have any recommendations!
With just 32 days until we jet off on holiday to Mexico we have been doing some shopping – the best kind of shopping! I will most likely do a series of posts about what we’ve been buying but today I thought I’d share with you […]
It’s been a while since I last went camping, but with money being so tight and Mr working as much over time as possible, it doesn’t look like we are going to get away anywhere exotic this summer. Around this time two years ago, Mr […]